10/26/2009

Still hanging out with my family-not much cake!

The PARTY MONSTERS are coming...

I know its been a couple of weeks, but I've not had much going on.  I know God sees everything and obviously a break was very much needed.  I welcome it.  I also welcome new orders, which have been coming.  I did however, make a few little things.  It helped to keep me from sitting on the couch 24/7.

My sister Kathy ask me to make some cupcakes for my nephew, Jake.  Of course, she didn't have any ideas and ask me to come up with something.  So, I did.  Here's how it all went down.  Jake was having a guys game night and stay over to play all night long.  I figured -Party Monsters should be on the menu.  I felt it was perfect for him and his buddies.  About 2 hours before the party, Kathy phoned to find out the final verdict.  I told her she had to wait since she made me figure out what she wanted

I thought the cupcakes were great and so did Jake and Kathy.




WATCH OUT!  This TEXAS BOOT is made for walkin'!
The next order was for my favorite Texas customer - Melanie.  She too didn't have much of an idea and couldn't decide.  Believe it or not she called and wanted to know what design I went with.  Guess what.  I told her the same thing as my sister.  Since you couldn't and wouldn't choose, you have to wait until you see it.  Honestly, I planned on texting her, but I was so busy at school with my class, I never had a chance.  Oh well, she loved it. (those are her words! to be exact they were,  "LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!")  I heard Coulter thought it was pretty great too.  Yippee! Here it is...














Yes, I decided on a cowboy boot.  I used butter cream fondant and air brushed.  The black fondant is Satin Ice.  My favorite part of the cake is the barbed wire name.

I would love to make a pair of old boots - standing up!  Any other cowboys out there?  Give me a reason to do that!  Give me a call!  BR549 - just kidding! hahaha!  Sorry, I think I just showed my age! (That number is from Hee Haw!)

TEXAS LONG HORN COLORS

The next order was for Brenna's teacher, another Texas cake.  It was a simple tiered cake.  White butter cream with what we civilians call "burnt" orange.  It traveled right along side of the boot. 

Quick funny about the cakes.  The morning they were headed for Texas, I had my teaching assistant, Yuriko (from Japan-love her!) take a peek at the cakes.  Her comment was, "I can tell those are Texas cakes."  That just cracked me up.  I really hadn't thought of it, but she was right.  To see them side by side would make a person think that.

O.K., here is a picture of the cake.  Remember it was very simple. 




FENCED
There is one final cake, it was an idea taken from Cake Central, the person who's cake I saw was by snowshoe1.  Her cake had more tiers, but my customer only needed a single tier.  Strawberry cake with vanilla butter cream filling and icing.  Chocolate fondant fence, flowers and bow.  The green flowers are the butter cream fondant.  The stenciling is apple green luster dust.  I hope you enjoy it. 


 


Once again, it's time to say good night and I'll get back soon!  Please have a great week!

1 comment:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Some day I plan on opening a specialty bakery in my home town.