11/22/2009

Happy Turkey Day!

I just love this time of year.  (Christmas is the best!)  Which it must begin some where - Thanksgiving!  I love when the leaves begin turning the most beautiful colors and falling slowly to the ground.  The crisp smell of the air-cooler days and nights, long sleeved shirts, hoodies, football, frito chili pies and the warmth of a beautiful fire are just a few of the amazing things this time of year brings to me.  However, I love spending time with my best friends, my sisters.  Thanksgiving also gives us time to stay up late and get up early for Black Friday shopping.  I love them and their families so much.  If I did not have sisters to confide in, laugh and cry with, play games and pick on our husbands together, my holidays would be so lonely and sad.  I just love it so so so so much!  Any one else feel this way?  God is so good and has blessed me so much.  Thank you for my family!

Love to ramble too!  I realized the week had slipped through my fingers and the next thing I know is two weeks are now passed.   Two weeks ago I did do some work.  I made 2 more pumpkin cakes.  My neighbor has yet to get me some pictures to post for you, but they were similar to the previous one.  I made them more for a little boy, not for a princess.  They were bold orang with some air brush details. 

It's O.K.!  I delivered 2 cakes today so I have those to post.  I made a cake for a friend of mine and it was a special birthday-because she is my friend, I refuse to tell which birthday it was.  I hope you enjoy this cake.  I found it from one of my many cake books and gave it the "Toni touch"!  When we brought it into the house her family said it looked more like a wedding cake than a birthday cake.  They didn't want to tear into it, but I'm sure they did.  It was a strawberry cake with hand made roses.  Even her hubby was shocked by the cake and he ordered it!  I love that part of my job more than anything.  The shock and amazement.


The other cake I was happy to create was a Fire Truck for Judah.  It was all chocolate with cream cheese butter cream.  I had a little taste (scraps) and was shocked by how much I enjoyed it.  I've already heard from Stacey and she said it was so good and a big hit! That makes me so happy.  Please enjoy.





Thank you for checking in again.  Have a wonderful Turkey Day!

2 comments:

  1. I love the fall too!! We definitely need a game night with some yummy chili pie. Love the cakes, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rae! another of my sisters! (sis-in-law)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Some day I plan on opening a specialty bakery in my home town.